Saturday 5 September 2020

My worst fears

 Stuck in the snares of my confusion

In the bush hunting the love of my heart

The missing link to my delicate soul

The fear of loving the wrong person

I fear the worst in that person


Soul searching to find my love

Deep in the forest of my virgin land

The one I will surrender my heart to

The one who will allay all my fears

I fear to get a loose cannon


The journey of life needs company

A person to exchange vows with

A person my heart feels soft for

A fish rots from the head

And my fear starts right from my head


Infidelity, cheating and lies

Characters I detest in marriage

The worst unimaginable traits to accept 

I shudder to spend my life in prison

The worst fear that beats me the most.

#Benard Benny Makanyise

The Poet - Nyanduri...✍🏾📖📚

No comments:

Post a Comment